    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 13:27 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
    > On Saturday 14 April 2007 06:21, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler
    > > [CFS]
    > >
    > > i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
    > > and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
    > >
    > > http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch
    > >
    > > This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
    > > is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
    > > vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
    > > for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.
    >
    > The casual observer will be completely confused by what on earth has happened
    > here so let me try to demystify things for them.

    [...]

    Demystify what? The casual observer need only read either your attempt
    at writing a scheduler, or my attempts at fixing the one we have, to see
    that it was high time for someone with the necessary skills to step in.
    Now progress can happen, which was _not_ happening before.

    -Mike

      Last update: 2007-04-15 08:45    [W:0.022 / U:89.596 seconds]