SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 13:27 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> On Saturday 14 April 2007 06:21, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler
> > [CFS]
> >
> > i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
> > and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
> >
> > http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch
> >
> > This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
> > is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
> > vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
> > for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.
>
> The casual observer will be completely confused by what on earth has happened
> here so let me try to demystify things for them.

[...]

Demystify what? The casual observer need only read either your attempt
at writing a scheduler, or my attempts at fixing the one we have, to see
that it was high time for someone with the necessary skills to step in.
Now progress can happen, which was _not_ happening before.

-Mike

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans