SubjectGIT and the current -stable
Good day.

Stumbling around with git here. I'd like to use git to efficiently track the
current -stable as well as -current. Say, my local tree is a clone of
Linus current:

git clone \
git:// local

I then branch off a 2.6.20 branch:

cd local
git checkout -b v2.6.20 v2.6.20

to now update to the current -stable I could do:

git pull \

each time that a new -stable is released. Rather though, I'd like a simple
"git pull" to do this while on this branch while a "git pull" while back on
the master branch pulls from the originally cloned Linus repo again.

Is this possible? Do I want it to be? Comments like "work like this instead"
welcome as well; figuring out what the heck it is that I want from git seems
to be one of the most difficult questions to answer...
Currently using git