lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2007]   [Apr]   [14]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
    /
    Date
    From
    SubjectRe: [PATCH] [KERNEL-DOC] fix tex error when building pdfdocs
    On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:20:49AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:35:00 +0200 Borislav Petkov wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 04:48:51PM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > > > On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:38:42 +0200 Borislav Petkov wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > When building pdfdocs, the db2pdf converter bails out because of an
    > > > > latex-reserved token - '#' - in the intermediary .tex file which ends up in a
    > > > > conversion error with the following error message:
    > > > >
    > > > > <log>
    > > > > [15.0.32])
    > > > > ! Incomplete \iffalse; all text was ignored after line 8154.
    > > > > <inserted text>
    > > > > \fi
    > > > > <*> kernel-hacking.tex
    > > > > </log>
    > > > >
    > > > > This is a rather arbitrary fix, so suggest away.
    > > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I don't have a problem with the change, but I don't get that tex error either.
    > > > Here is an extract from the .tex file:
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > {\def\Element%
    > > > {451}\def\ProcessingMode%
    > > > {title-sosofo-mode}}\#if\endNode{}\endSeq{}\endLink{}\Seq%
    > > > {}\Leader%
    > > > {}.\endLeader{}\Link%
    > > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Actually this is the TOC-piece of .tex code around line 1622. The offending line
    > > is way down (ca. 8152) at the actual chapter heading and it looks like this:
    > >
    > > {\def\Element%
    > > {0:451}\def\ProcessingMode%
    > > {title-sosofo-mode}}\#if\endNode{}\def\HeadingText{%
    > > 10.7. \if}%
    > > \endHeadPar{}\endSeq{}\Node%
    > >
    > > and I think it is the fourth line that causes the problem for the # sign is
    > > stripped and the title is converted to a tex conditional - \if - which isn't
    > > terminated, but I'm not so sure. The thing is, the docbook2tex converts the
    > > .tmpl file to .tex file ok but db2pdf chokes. What docbook-utils are you using?
    > > Mine are version 0.6.14-1 of debian unstable.
    >
    > I'm using: docbook-utils-0.6.14-79 (SLED 10)
    >
    > and the corrected :) lines contain an additional '#':
    >
    > {1}}10.7. \Node%
    > {\def\Element%
    > {451}\def\ProcessingMode%
    > {title-sosofo-mode}}\#if\endNode{}\def\HeadingText{%
    > 10.7. \#if}%
    > \endHeadPar{}\endSeq{}\Node%
    > {\def\Element%
    > {451}}\endNode{}\Node%

    I got it, the problem is in that we use different DSSSL engines. Mine was
    openjade, therefore the different section numbers like {0:451} vs. jade's {451},
    i.e. without the leading zero. I switched to jade and kernel-hacking.tex converts fine.
    The thereby generated tex code looks also differently:

    {\def\Element%
    {451}\def\ProcessingMode%
    {title-sosofo-mode}}\#if\endNode{}\endPar{}\endSeq{}\Node%
    {\def\Element%
    {451}}\endNode{}\Node%

    --
    Regards/Gruß,
    Boris.
    -
    To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
    Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

    \
     
     \ /
      Last update: 2007-04-14 10:17    [W:0.029 / U:60.228 seconds]
    ©2003-2016 Jasper Spaans. hosted at Digital OceanAdvertise on this site