SubjectRe: [patch 13/13] signal/timer/event fds v9 - KAIO eventfd support example ...
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Avi Kivity wrote:

> What is the motivation for adding aio_resfd to an individual iocb instead of
> the entire io context? It seems redundant, as you can already create multiple
> io contexts to wait on.

To add it to the context, you need to either change the context create API
(I think no-go here), or add a new syscall just to handle that.
Doing it in the iocb gives finer grained setup, but can be more work for
the user that wants to use it for all the iocbs.

> [also, minor nit: sys_eventfd() can legitimately return 0, but you're banning
> its use in aio. userspace could easily dup() and close(), but...]

Noone said that binary compatibility comes free ;)
I'm truly open to other ways of integration, but I thought that binary
compatibility is the key here.

- Davide

  Last update: 2007-04-01 19:09    [W:0.055 / U:0.064 seconds]