SubjectRe: System hang on athlon64 cpufreq change
On 3/16/07, Langsdorf, Mark <mark.langsdorf@amd.com> wrote:
> The processor is not changing frequency in response to your
> launch of mplayer. The powersave governor forces it to the
> lowest frequency regardless of system load. You really want
> to use ondemand for dynamic frequency scaling.
>
> Can you use a serial or network console to capture any messages
> the kernel is sending when mplayer starts?

Well, that's the point - i fix cpu speed at 1ghz and everything works
UNTIL I launch mplayer. I've just reproduced this (set governor,
launched mplayer and waited 15-20 mins) and the whole system seems
frozen - just like before. Network is down (no responses to ping). How
to redirect dmesg to serial port? (I'm running 2.6.19 kernel and
8.34.8 fglrx driver.)

Thanks and sorry for 2week delay... (btw - now it is you [ati] who is
responsible for both my cpu and gpu drivers, yes? :D)

  Last update: 2007-04-01 18:49    [W:0.049 / U:0.720 seconds]