    SubjectRe: qla2xxx BUG: workqueue leaked lock or atomic
    On 12:05, Mingming Cao wrote:
    > > > BTW: Are ext3 filesystem sizes greater than 8T now officially
    > > > supported?
    > >
    > > I think so, but I don't know how much 16TB testing developers and
    > > distros are doing - perhaps the linux-ext4 denizens can tell us?
    > > -
    > IBM has done some testing (dbench, fsstress, fsx, tiobench, iozone etc)
    > on 10TB ext3, I think RedHat and BULL have done similar test on >8TB
    > ext3 too.

    Thanks. I'm asking because some days ago I tried to create a 10T ext3
    filesytem on a linear software raid over two hardware raids, and it
    failed horribly. mke2fs from e2fsprogs-1.39 refused to create such a
    large filesystem but did it with -F, and I could mount it afterwards.
    But writing data immediately produced zillions of errors and only
    power-cycling the box helped.

    We're now using a 7.9T filesystem on the same hardware. That seems
    to work fine on 2.6.21-rc2, so I think this is an ext3 problem. I
    cannot completely rule out other reasons though as the underlying
    qla2xxx driver also had some problems on earlier kernels.

    We'd much rather have a 10T filesystem if possible. So if you have
    time to look into the issue I would be willing to recreate the 10T
    filesystem and send details.

    The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe
      Last update: 2007-03-09 10:49    [W:0.025 / U:27.932 seconds]