    SubjectRe: [2/6] 2.6.21-rc2: known regressions

    > > disabling the following radeonfb options in the .config made resume work
    > > again:
    > In general, don't even *try* to use radeonfb for suspend/resume.
    > I don't think it has ever worked, except on some very rare laptops
    > (largely PPC Macs) where people had enough information to set up the
    > PLL's.

    It worked ok on thinkpad x32. BIOS did the setup in resume case (with
    acpi_sleep=..., anyway), and radeonfb could pick the card up from there.

    > I don't think the other framebuffer drivers are much better.
    > You're better off using the VGA console, and lettign X re-initialize the
    > graphics device. That generally at least has a reasonably good chance of
    > working., s2ram there has a long list of tricks. If you invent
    new one, please add it there.

    > Re-initializing graphics modes really is very hard. You can try with the
    > BIOS video hack (I forget the kernel command line to turn it on), but we
    > really do end up depending on X doing it better.

    ...or you can try vbetool; it is similar hack to acpi_sleep=... , but
    it works for more people.

    > Some day we may have modesetting support in the kernel for some graphics
    > hw, right now it's pretty damn spotty.

    Yep, that's the way to go.

    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2007-03-09 12:23    [W:0.024 / U:87.036 seconds]