    SubjectRe: Question about memory mapping mechanism
    On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Martin Drab wrote:

    > On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Carsten Otte wrote:
    > > On 3/8/07, Martin Drab <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > The thing is that I'd like to prevent kernel to swap these pages out,
    > > > because then I may loose some data when they are not available in time
    > > > for the next round.
    > >
    > > One think you could do is grab a reference to the pages upfront.
    > I'm not really sure what exactly do you mean by "grab a reference
    > upfront"?

    I seem to get it now. So instead of setting PG_reserved upon allocation of
    the buffer pages, I should increase the referrence of the pages by calling
    get_page() on them and that would prevent the pages to get on the lru list
    and thus preventing them to be swapped out. Is that it?

      Last update: 2007-03-09 01:09    [W:0.020 / U:2.616 seconds]