SubjectRe: Question about memory mapping mechanism
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Martin Drab wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Carsten Otte wrote:
>
> > On 3/8/07, Martin Drab <drab@kepler.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:
> > >
> > > The thing is that I'd like to prevent kernel to swap these pages out,
> > > because then I may loose some data when they are not available in time
> > > for the next round.
> >
> > One think you could do is grab a reference to the pages upfront.
>
> I'm not really sure what exactly do you mean by "grab a reference
> upfront"?

I seem to get it now. So instead of setting PG_reserved upon allocation of
the buffer pages, I should increase the referrence of the pages by calling
get_page() on them and that would prevent the pages to get on the lru list
and thus preventing them to be swapped out. Is that it?

Martin

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans