    SubjectRe: [RFC][Patch 2/6] integrity: fs hook placement
    Quoting Stephen Smalley (sds@tycho.nsa.gov):
    > On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 12:01 -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
    > > Quoting Chris Wright (chrisw@sous-sol.org):
    > > >
    > > > It's duplication of callsites with many identical implementations
    > > > that's the problem.
    > >
    > > Yes it's ugly...
    > >
    > > But I guess it gets a point across :)

    > > > Right, that's what I was expecting to see, just the measurement
    > > > infrastructure.
    > >
    > > So what you are saying is EVM would stay an LSM, with a cooperating
    > > integrity subsystem *just* doing measurements?
    > >
    > > That's kind of what i was expecting too, however that doesn't fit as
    > > well with the idea that an integrity subsystem prevents the need for lsm
    > > stacking. I think the idea was that evm would still be able to enforce
    > > integrity of selinux xattrs without it stack with selinux. So I can see
    > > where this approach came from.
    >
    > The enforcement mechanism should be directly integrated into SELinux,
    > not stacked as a separate module.

    And a big plus of splitting it up as I was describing is that anyone
    who wanted could make use of the measurement module to add such
    functionality to SELinux, as an alternative to the EVM LSM module.

    -serge

      Last update: 2007-03-08 22:09    [W:0.045 / U:2.340 seconds]