    SubjectRe: [patch] disable NMI watchdog by default
    Bill Davidsen wrote:

    >> there's a new NMI watchdog related problem: KVM crashes on certain
    >> bzImages because ... we enable the NMI watchdog by default (even if
    >> the user does not ask for it) , and no other OS on this planet does
    >> that so KVM doesnt have emulation for that yet. So KVM injects a #GP,
    >> which crashes the Linux guest:
    >>
    > I'm missing something, what limits this to systems running under kvm?

    Most likely kvm doesn't implement the msrs which drive the nmi
    watchdog. That makes it a kvm bug, not a problem with the nmi
    watchdog. Emulating it correctly is fairly difficult, though,
    especially if we want to migrate virtual machines between different
    processor models, so I hope this goes in.