    SubjectRe: + stupid-hack-to-make-mainline-build.patch added to -mm tree
    Chris Wright wrote:
    > I agree with that, but I think that's esp. for things like create and launch
    > new vcpu. The IPI bit I'm not as clear on, nor running this all on native
    > as well.

    Well, native would fall back to using the existing arch/i386 versions of
    those functions, so that's reasonably straightforward. There'll need to
    be a bit of internal rearrangement so that the Xen code can call in to
    do things like set up the pda/gdt and other bits of CPU state.

    I don't think IPI is especially interesting in itself, is it? It's a
    necessary mechanism to implement smp_call_function(), but Xen can do IPI
    without having to invoke any of the existing apic-based IPI code. The
    other main user of IPI is cross-cpu tlb shootdown, but Xen has much more
    efficient mechanisms than IPI for that (so we'll need to make the tlb
    pv_ops interface a little wider to pass down a cpuset).

      Last update: 2007-03-08 20:55    [W:0.026 / U:6.096 seconds]