    SubjectRe: + stupid-hack-to-make-mainline-build.patch added to -mm tree
    Chris Wright wrote:
    > * Daniel Arai ( wrote:
    >> There's no good way to override __send_IPI_shortcut. I suppose we could add
    >> paravirt ops for __send_IPI_shortcut and every other op that touches the APIC.
    > While that's basically what we did in Xen, it would make more sense to
    > build it into genapic which would give us one common abstraction to base
    > from. We should avoid adding pv_ops when existing infrastructure exists.

    I was looking at cutting in at a much higher level. The interface in
    <linux/smp.h> is a good match for Xen, so I was going to investigate
    making pv_ops at that level and see how it falls out.

      Last update: 2007-03-08 20:45    [W:0.021 / U:1.172 seconds]