    SubjectRe: PAGE_SIZE Availability Inconsistency
    On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:05:48AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > >No, no no. We should never export PAGE_SIZE. We might export NBPG
    > >as deprecated symbol for gdb if it really needs it, but that should
    > >happen only on a.out systems, and it it should be a true constant,
    > >not depending on PAGE_SIZE.
    > >
    > >I've Cc'ed the gdb list on whether they have any comments on this
    > >issue.
    >
    > By the way, it's a massive snafu that the swap area magic number is
    > dependent on PAGE_SIZE. There is absolutely no good reason for that.

    Yeah, now that you mention it I remember having problems with that
    in the past. We should probably create a new swap format that avoids
    this problem. I'll put it on my ever growing todo list.

      Last update: 2007-03-08 18:15    [W:0.020 / U:1.372 seconds]