    SubjectRe: Request change in behaviour of capability inheritance.

    --- wrote:

    > I think that the current behaviour of capability
    > inheritance across exec()
    > is not optimal.
    > The current behaviour consists in all effective and
    > permitted capabilities
    > are cleared across a exec(). This is because it
    > seems to be intended that
    > in the future the executable files have a set of
    > "allowed" and "forced"
    > capabilities.

    File based capabilities are the same
    effective, permitted, and inheritable
    sets that the process has. Unless the
    thinking has shifted over the last couple
    weeks (it happens from time to time)
    the inheritable set is what you're

    Casey Schaufler

      Last update: 2007-03-08 17:27    [W:0.020 / U:5.700 seconds]