SubjectRe: userspace pagecache management tool
Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 12:10:49 +0000
> P__draig Brady <P@draigBrady.com> wrote:
>> Andrew Morton wrote:

>> If I'm the target
>> audience for that API then it's broken as I'd mess it up,
>> or would take too long to get it right.
>>
>> Can't we just fix the posix_fadvise() implementation to
>> only evict pages paged in by the current process.
>
> The kernel doesn't have that information.

It doesn't _keep_ the information. File readahead is done
in the process context, so we had it originally.

I agree though that we probably should not bother trying
to keep that kind of information :)

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group