SubjectRe: + stupid-hack-to-make-mainline-build.patch added to -mm tree
On 03/06/2007 02:21 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
>> I believe this was just a quick fix in response to Ingo breaking the VMI
>> build yesterday by disabling NO_IDLE_HZ on us. There is no technical
>> reason why NO_IDLE_HZ=y can't coexist with NO_HZ.
>
> Well it's nasty that you force NO_IDLE_HZ on all of paravirt ops users.

The only thing NO_IDLE_HZ=y "forces" on other users is some extra code
(which you are going to get no matter what with CONFIG_PARAVIRT). It
doesn't force them to use this code. It just provides a few extra
routines that a paravirt_ops backend might want to call back into (I
think both vmi and xen backends use these routines and that is why it
became associated with CONFIG_PARAVIRT rather than CONFIG_VMI).

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans