SubjectRe: [BUG] sdhci regression in 2.6.21-rc2
Andrew Morton wrote:
> Oh, it's just a pain in the ass. Please don't do it lightly - if there's a
> really good reason then OK.

The mmc code is a mess (mostly my fault for the addition of SD support)
and I'm trying to break things apart to clear the code up. That
unfortunately meant moving files around.

> Plus it helps if the massive file move isn't left sitting in some external
> tree for months. I mean, it's usually a trivial thing, so do it just a
> week before the pull is due.

My goal with putting it in -mm was to give people a chance to cry bloody
murder before I merged the stuff (which I intend to do immediately post
2.6.21). The changes are all over the place, so to ease my mind I prefer
to have it simmer for a while.

As to making your life easier, send patches to the mmc layer my way and
I'll handle the conflicts. I made the mess so it's only fair that I have
to clean it up.

> But whatever. What are we going to do about $SUBJECT?

It should go in now, along with a fix to unregister the interrupt. I
have a bunch of fixes I intend to push to Linus today and I'll include
this in that group.

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman