    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [DOC] The documentation for HID Simple Driver Interface 0.5.0
    Jiri Kosina wrote:

    > In addition to that, as I stated in some previous e-mail, I am currently
    > working on new 'hidraw' interface, which will provide more flexibility to
    > userland applications willing to operate on raw HID data, than they
    > currently have with hiddev.

    I do not know too much about the Linux innards, but my opinion is that
    the HID API to userland should be the bare reports. Windows is handling
    it that way for a good reason. Far too many HID devices have either
    non-informative descriptors (declaring a byte array report) or declaring
    a report which does not match the data contained. Parsing a report is
    definitely a userland job.

    Code Mercenaries
    Hard- und Software GmbH
    Karl-Marx-Str. 147a
    12529 Schönefeld OT Grossziethen

    Tel: x49-3379-2050920
    Fax: x49-3379-2050930

    HRB 16007 Potsdam
    Geschäftsführer: Guido Körber, Christian Lucht

      Last update: 2007-03-06 08:09    [W:0.023 / U:6.044 seconds]