SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [DOC] The documentation for HID Simple Driver Interface 0.5.0
Jiri Kosina wrote:

> In addition to that, as I stated in some previous e-mail, I am currently
> working on new 'hidraw' interface, which will provide more flexibility to
> userland applications willing to operate on raw HID data, than they
> currently have with hiddev.

I do not know too much about the Linux innards, but my opinion is that
the HID API to userland should be the bare reports. Windows is handling
it that way for a good reason. Far too many HID devices have either
non-informative descriptors (declaring a byte array report) or declaring
a report which does not match the data contained. Parsing a report is
definitely a userland job.

--
Code Mercenaries

HRB 16007 Potsdam
Geschäftsführer: Guido Körber, Christian Lucht

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans