    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [DOC] The documentation for HID Simple Driver Interface 0.5.0
    Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > If we define HID "bus" allowing drivers to bind on VID:PID and provide
    > default library module for parsing HID reports and providing access to
    > HID transports (USB/BT) then writing tiny drivers adjusting just a
    > part of hid_input_event and relying on default implemenattaion where
    > it makes sense will become a breeze.

    Well, actually, the argument have begun since the version 0.4.0 of HID
    simple
    interface. I clearly know its weaknesses, and I believe Dmitry said, the
    HID bus/tiny
    driver way is the most ultimatest way very well.

    But (You may guess I will say this word :), before the HID bus or other
    better
    implementation come , I hope use the extended keys of my keyboard on
    Linux, and I guess other people
    also think same with me, so we need something here temporarily, even it
    do not merge
    into upstream code tree.

    And, I want to know that is somebody works on HID bus, Can I join it?

    Good luck.

    -Li Yu

      Last update: 2007-03-06 02:39    [W:0.023 / U:1.924 seconds]