    SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc2-mm1: drivers/usb/host/ohci-ssb.c doesn't compile
    Date
    On Monday 05 March 2007 3:26 am, Michael Buesch wrote:

    > > Actually, it seems like I will run into other kinds of nasty problems
    > > due to stupid design of the HCD code. The OHCI code #includes
    > > the various drivers, which have a module_init each. So if you
    > > compile PCI and SSB support, you have two module_init for one
    > > OHCI module. Not sure how to fix this. Any idea?
    >
    > A real problem is that the HCD core seems to have the assumption
    > built-in that there can only be one OHCI driver per machine/arch.

    What ancient version of the driver are you referring to??

    CURRENT code has one module_init, and can hook up to several
    different kinds of bus glue. There *is* only one OHCI driver.
    It can hook up through several different kinds of bus glue; a
    few platforms support more than one way to connect to various
    implementations of OHCI.

    > That's not the case for SSB, where we can have both PCI and SSB
    > bus enabled, so both ohci drivers compiled.
    > Any idea? Greg perhaps?

    This already works in the current code ...

    - Dave

      Last update: 2007-03-05 19:45    [W:0.032 / U:30.044 seconds]