SubjectRe: Recent wireless breakage (ipw2200, iwconfig, NetworkManager)
On 3/5/07, Matt Mackall <mpm@selenic.com> wrote:
> > This is due to the recent sysfs restructuring I think. IIRC the fix is
> > to upgrade hal to a current git version.
>
> If that's the cause, the fix is to back out whatever was done to break
> userspace. Breaking userspace is not ok. Upgrading from 2.6.x to
> 2.6.x+1 should not entail replacing substantial parts of userspace,
> especially with NOT-EVEN-FRAKKING-RELEASED-YET CODE.
>
> I will try a new HAL when it shows up in Debian/unstable and not a
> moment sooner.

But you're running a kernel that's not in Debian/unstable so this
seems a bit hypocritical.

When you work with bleeding edge kernels you have to be prepared to
work around things. Hell for ages git wasn't in Debian - unstable
even, udev would break things etc.

Just my 2c worth.
--
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4