SubjectRe: Why is arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig sourced when building for another arch ?
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Jan Glauber wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> > with it works great, but when switching to 2.6.21-rcX it breaks
> > with this:
> >
> > drivers/crypto/Kconfig:55: can't open file "arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig"
> arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig is included there since that is the right place
> for the config options to show up.
> > I tried to fix drivers/crypto/Kconfig by changing the code to:
> >
> > if S390
> > source "arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig"
> > endif
> >
> > but it still gets sourced...
> You would need something like:
> source "arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig"
> depends on S390
> But that is not implemented and I doubt it will since deleting parts
> of the kernel tree is not something that is required to work.

i would think the obvious solution is to move the entire contents of
the s390-specific crypto/Kconfig into the generic one. obviously,
everything would still work since all of those config options would
still depend on S390.

i'm betting the S390 folks would *really* hate that idea but, if you
look closely, the generic Kconfig file *already* has some
arch-dependent content:

tristate "Support for VIA PadLock ACE"
depends on X86_32 <-----

i think it's a matter of deciding how to be consistent. either you
allow individual architectures to define their own additional Kconfig
files or you don't. mixing the two approaches is a recipe for

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

  Last update: 2007-03-30 11:59    [W:0.060 / U:2.000 seconds]