SubjectRe: Linux page cache issue?
Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

I know we can use device inode's radix tree to achieve the same goal.
The only downside could be: First, by default, Linux will not add the
data pages into that radix tree. Only when a file is opened in
O_DIRECT, the data pages will be put into dev's radix tree. Moreover,
if the partition is big, I am not sure whether the lookup overhead is
an issue. So it might need some optimization.

Can you elaborate more about the aliasing issues mentioned in your
email? I do have some mechanisms to handle the following situation:
suppose two files share same data blocks. Now two processes open the
two files separately. If one process writes a file, the other file
will be affected. Is this the aliasing issue you referred to?

Thanks,
xin