SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] possible USB regression with 2.6.21-rc4: iPod doesn't work
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > > There are no messages from the iPod because, well, nothing happens when
> > > I plug it in. I tried it 3 times.
> >
> > I don't understand. The dmesg log you attached shows the iPod was
> > detected and recognized as scsi5 (sdc). Then some time later (can't tell
> > how much later because you don't have CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME set) it was
> > unplugged and plugged back in. The second time it was detected and
> > recognized as scsi6 (also sdc). And then the log ends.
>
> Not in the attached dmesg output from the above mail. There are not
> iPod related messages it it, but I plugged it in 2 times. I rebootet
> with the same kernel version without CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND right after
> this and the iPod was recognized at the first try.

Sorry, I was reading the wrong file before! :-(

The lack of messages from the iPod seems to indicate that the hub isn't
working right. You could try plugging the iPod into a different hub or
directly into the computer. Or maybe into a different port of that hub.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2007-03-26 23:19    [W:0.061 / U:0.612 seconds]