    SubjectRe: [QUICKLIST 1/5] Quicklists for page table pages V4
    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > > About 40% on fork+exit. See
    > >

    > afacit that two-year-old, totally-different patch has nothing to do with my
    > repeatedly-asked question. It appears to be consolidating three separate
    > quicklist allocators into one common implementation.

    Yes it shows the performance gains from the quicklist approach. This the
    work Robin Holt did on the problem. The problem is how to validate the
    patch because there should be no change at all on ia64 and on i386 we
    basically measure the overhead of the slab allocations. One could
    measure the impact x86_64 because this introduces quicklists to that

    The earlier discussion focused on avoiding zeroing of pte as far as I can

    > but it crashes early in the page allocator (i386) and I don't see why. It
    > makes me wonder if we have a use-after-free which is hidden by the presence
    > of the quicklist buffering or something.

    This was on i386? Could be hidden now by the slab use ther.

      Last update: 2007-03-23 17:23    [W:0.019 / U:106.072 seconds]