    SubjectRE: how can I touch softlockup watchdog on all cpus?
    > You didn't explain _why_ you need to sleep for such a long time,
    > and as you didn't give a pointer to your code, there's not
    > much people can do to recommend changes other than "don't do that".

    The code which is executed between the local_irq_disable and enable,
    is just a function call into our companies bios (e.g. for updating itself)
    and the long time is just 15 sec. while the bios has full control and OS is halted.
    So I can't change anything at this point, but I need to fetch the watchdog,
    cause it is not so nice, if there is a big BUG output on console while the
    computer updates it's bios, very trustworthy isn't it :).

    Ciao Thilo
    @Dave: sorry that I send a direct mail :(

      Last update: 2007-03-22 08:35    [W:0.020 / U:9.392 seconds]