    SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc4-mm1
    Andy Whitcroft wrote:
    > Con Kolivas wrote:
    >>> Ok, tested the patch below on top of 2.6.21-rc4-mm1 and this seems to
    >>> fix the problem:
    >>> atch
    >>> Hard to tell from that patch whether it will be fixed in the changes
    >>> already committed to the next -mm.
    >>> Its possible that it may be fixed by the following patch:
    >>> sched-rsdl-improvements.patch
    >>> Which has the following slipped in at the end of the changelog:
    >>> A tiny change checking for MAX_PRIO in normal_prio()
    >>> may prevent oopses on bootup on large SMP due to
    >>> forking off the idle task.
    >>> Con, are all the changes in the 0.32 patch above with akpm?
    >> Yes he's queued everything in that patch you tested for the next -mm. Thanks
    >> very much for testing it.
    > No worries. I've just got through the results on the other machine in
    > the mix. That machine seems to be fixed by backing out RSDL and not by
    > the fixup 0.32 patch ...
    > This second machine seems to had hard very soon after user space starts
    > executing but without a panic. I can't say that the symptoms are very
    > definitive, but I do have a good result from that machine without RSDL
    > and not with rsdl-0.32.
    > The machine is a dual-core x86_64 machine: Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm)
    > Processor 275.
    > I'll let you know if I find out anything else. Shout if you want any
    > information or have anything you want poked or tested.

    Ok, I have yet a third x86_64 machine is is blowing up with the latest
    2.6.21-rc4-mm1+hotfixes+rsdl-0.32 but working with
    2.6.21-rc4-mm1+hotfixes-RSDL. I have results on various hotfix levels
    so I have just fired off a set of tests across the affected machines on
    that latest hotfix stack plus the RSDL backout and the results should be
    in in the next hour or two.

    I think there is a strong correlation between RSDL and these hangs. Any
    suggestions as to the next step.

      Last update: 2007-03-22 19:21    [W:0.027 / U:3.364 seconds]