SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc4-mm1
Andy Whitcroft wrote:
>> Andrew Morton wrote:
>>> Temporarily at
>>> Will appear later at
>> [All of the below is from the pre hot-fix runs. The very few results
>> which are in for the hot-fix runs seem worse if anything. :( All
>> results should be out on TKO.]
>>> - Restored the RSDL CPU scheduler (a new version thereof)
>> Unsure if the above is the culprit but there seems to be a smattering of
>> BUG's in kernbench from the schedular on several systems, and panics
>> which do not fully dump out.
>> elm3b239 is about 2/4 kernbench being the test in progress when we
>> blammo in both failed tests, elm3b234 doesn't boot at all.
> Well I have one result through for backing RSDL out on elm3b239 and that
> does indeed seem to give us a successful boot and test. peterz has
> pointed me to an incremental patch from Con which I'll push through
> testing and see if that sorts it out.

Ok, tested the patch below on top of 2.6.21-rc4-mm1 and this seems to
fix the problem:

Hard to tell from that patch whether it will be fixed in the changes
already committed to the next -mm.

Its possible that it may be fixed by the following patch:

Which has the following slipped in at the end of the changelog:

A tiny change checking for MAX_PRIO in normal_prio()
may prevent oopses on bootup on large SMP due to
forking off the idle task.

Con, are all the changes in the 0.32 patch above with akpm?

  Last update: 2007-03-22 10:53    [W:0.106 / U:10.680 seconds]