    SubjectRe: sky2 still broken in
    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:26:53 -0400
    Chuck Ebbert <> wrote:

    > Transmit timeouts and locked-up adapters still occur in kernel

    There is more changes in 2.6.21-rc4 please try that.
    I am still getting reports of timeouts with that code but
    it does recover better. It may be the case that with hardware
    flow control transmits can take an indefinite period so increasing
    the timeout value could help.

    > It looks like the patch that was applied to
    > is not enough. Unfortunately that one isn't the same as what
    > went upstream. Looks like it needs to be reverted, then the two
    > upstream patches applied?

    Until, unless the problem is reproducible with my hardware
    there is not much that can be done. I'll add the better recovery
    logic to for next stable cycle, but still not clear what causes
    all the timeouts.

      Last update: 2007-03-21 22:47    [W:0.020 / U:0.064 seconds]