SubjectRe: belkin bulldog ups monitor vs 2.6.21-rc2
On 02/03/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I just rebooted to 2.6.21-rc2 and noted that getting x up and running was
> about 15 seconds longer than usual. When it got a bash shell going I
> went to it and ran htop which showed that the bulldog monitor was taking
> 90% of the cpu. Killed it, then restarted it, but when I ran the gui
> which ran fine and then stopped the gui, the daemon once again went hog
> wild and had to be killed, and I'm losing my kmail composer focus for 30
> seconds at a time now that amanda is making her nightly run.
>
> There is nothing in the log about it other than from xinetd as it ran the
> amanda server stuff.
>
> Not quite ready for prime time methinks. Using the ck scheduler, this is
> terrible performance, virtually no multitasking. Back to 2.6.20-ck1 in
> the morning if it lives the rest of the night.

HI Gene.

I'm not sure if you're saying here that the performance is terrible on
2.6.21-rc2 only with the -ck scheduler, or only 2.6.21-rc2, or that
2.6.20-ck1 is terrible or that it fixes the problem. Can you please
clarify this?

Regards,
-ck

  Last update: 2007-03-02 08:03    [W:0.256 / U:0.096 seconds]