    SubjectRe: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?
    > Quoting Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>:
    > Subject: Re: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?
    >
    > Hello!
    >
    > > infiniband sets parm->neigh_destructor, and I search for a way to prevent
    > > this destructor from being called after the module has been unloaded.
    > > Ideas?
    >
    > It must be called in any case to update/release internal ipoib structures.

    I don't think there's a problem.
    All we do in destructor is release the ipoib_neigh resource.
    And on device unregister we release all resources anyway.

    > The idea is to move call of parm->neigh_destructor from neighbour destructor
    > to the moment when it is unhashed, right after n->dead is set.
    >
    > infiniband is the only user (atm clip uses it too, but that use is obviously
    > dummy), so that nobody will be harmed.

    This might work. Could you post a patch to better show what you mean to do?

    > But ipoib will have to check for validity of skb->dst->neighbour before
    > attempt to reinitialize private data on dead (n->dead != 0) neighbour.

    We set a flag before unregister_netdev and test it in start_xmit so
    that's covered I think.

    --
    MST