SubjectRe: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?
Hello!

> > It should be cleared and we should be sure it will not be destroyed
> > before quiescent state.
>
> I'm confused. didn't you say dst_ifdown is called after quiescent state?

Quiescent state should happen after dst->neighbour is invalidated.
And this implies that all the users of dst->neighbour check validity
after dereference and do not use it after quiescent state.

> This does not sound like something that's likely to be accepted in 2.6.21, right?
>
> Any simpler ideas?

Well, if inifiniband destructor really needs to take that lock... no.
Right now I do not see.

Alexey

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans