    SubjectRe: RSDL v0.31
    On Saturday 17 March 2007, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    >On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 23:26 -0700, Nicholas Miell wrote:
    >> RSDL appears to be completely deterministic, which is a very strong
    >> virtue.
    >
    >Yes. That's why RSDL aroused my curiosity big time.
    >
    >> The X people have plans for how to go about fixing this, but until
    >> then, there's no reason to hold up kernel development.
    >
    >I'm not in a position to hold up development.
    >
    >On a side note, I wonder how long it's going to take to fix all the
    >X/client combinations out there.

    And on yet another side note Mike, I just did a make -j8 for all make
    options in my makeit script, something I don't normally do, and while
    running 2.6.20.3-rdsl-0.31, building 2.6.21-rc4, the machine remained
    100% responsive, worst case keyboard lag that I observed might have been
    200 or 300 milliseconds. The machine remained usable, which to me is the
    bottom line. And no, I wasn't running xmms at the time or watching
    tvtime else I'd have awakened the missus.

    I'm having a hard time justifying your continual fussing as its obviously
    a huge improvement to me. What makes your system and loading so much
    different from mine I wonder...

    In the meantime I'm a very happy camper about this patch.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)