    SubjectRe: [patch 05/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: paravirt_ops: hooks to set up initial pagetable
    On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:39 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
    > Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > >> + /* Make sure kernel address space is empty so that a pagetable
    > >> + will be allocated for it. */
    > >>

    > > comment style.
    > >

    > As you've noticed its a comment style I use quite often. I use it for
    > what's essentially a little local comment, rather than a block comment
    > which really needs to draw attention to itself. In this case, I think using

    Understood, but then you need to make that comment a single line :)

    The way Linux code prefers comments (like the code itself actually
    prefers it!) is single line comments stay on a single line, and
    multiline comments are always block.

    So it's either:

    /* my little comment here */

    or

    /*
    * This comment, although small and to the point, does span multiple
    * lines and regardless, needs to be a block comment.
    */

    I guess it just makes it easier on the eyes when everything conforms and
    others need to look at / maintain your code.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2007-03-16 20:39    [W:0.022 / U:92.112 seconds]