SubjectRe: [patch 05/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: paravirt_ops: hooks to set up initial pagetable
On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:39 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >> + /* Make sure kernel address space is empty so that a pagetable
> >> + will be allocated for it. */
> >>

> > comment style.
> >

> As you've noticed its a comment style I use quite often. I use it for
> what's essentially a little local comment, rather than a block comment
> which really needs to draw attention to itself. In this case, I think using

Understood, but then you need to make that comment a single line :)

The way Linux code prefers comments (like the code itself actually
prefers it!) is single line comments stay on a single line, and
multiline comments are always block.

So it's either:

/* my little comment here */
or

/*
* This comment, although small and to the point, does span multiple
* lines and regardless, needs to be a block comment.
*/
I guess it just makes it easier on the eyes when everything conforms and
others need to look at / maintain your code.

-- Steve

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans