    SubjectRe: [QUICKLIST 0/4] Arch independent quicklists V2
    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:13:25 -0700 (PDT) Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com> wrote:
    > Page table pages have the characteristics that they are typically zero
    > or in a known state when they are freed.

    Well if they're zero then perhaps they should be released to the page allocator
    to satisfy the next __GFP_ZERO request. If that request is for a pagetable
    page, we break even (except we get to remove special-case code). If that
    __GFP_ZERO allocation was or some application other than for a pagetable, we
    win.

    iow, can we just nuke 'em?

    (Will require some work in the page allocator)
    (That work will open the path to using the idle thread to prezero pages)

      Last update: 2007-03-13 08:57    [W:0.022 / U:6.012 seconds]