SubjectRe: SMP performance degradation with sysbench
On 3/12/07, Anton Blanchard <> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> > Anyway, I'll keep experimenting. If anyone from MySQL wants to help look
> > at this, send me a mail (eg. especially with the sched_setscheduler issue,
> > you might be able to do something better).
> I took a look at this today and figured Id document it:
> Bottom line: it looks like issues in the glibc malloc library, replacing
> it with the google malloc library fixes the negative scaling:
> # apt-get install libgoogle-perftools0
> # LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/ /usr/sbin/mysqld

Quick datapoint, still collecting data and trying to verify it's
always the case: on my 8-way Xeon, I'm actually seeing *much* worse
performance with compared to mainline. Am generating
graphs and such still, but maybe someone else with x86_64 hardware
could try the google PRELOAD and see if it helps/hurts (to rule out
tester stupidity)?