    SubjectRe: SMP performance degradation with sysbench
    On 3/12/07, Anton Blanchard <> wrote:
    > Hi Nick,
    > > Anyway, I'll keep experimenting. If anyone from MySQL wants to help look
    > > at this, send me a mail (eg. especially with the sched_setscheduler issue,
    > > you might be able to do something better).
    > I took a look at this today and figured Id document it:
    > Bottom line: it looks like issues in the glibc malloc library, replacing
    > it with the google malloc library fixes the negative scaling:
    > # apt-get install libgoogle-perftools0
    > # LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/ /usr/sbin/mysqld

    Quick datapoint, still collecting data and trying to verify it's
    always the case: on my 8-way Xeon, I'm actually seeing *much* worse
    performance with compared to mainline. Am generating
    graphs and such still, but maybe someone else with x86_64 hardware
    could try the google PRELOAD and see if it helps/hurts (to rule out
    tester stupidity)?

      Last update: 2007-03-14 01:39    [W:0.020 / U:0.148 seconds]