    SubjectRe: SMP performance degradation with sysbench
    Anton Blanchard a écrit :
    > Hi Nick,
    >> Anyway, I'll keep experimenting. If anyone from MySQL wants to help look
    >> at this, send me a mail (eg. especially with the sched_setscheduler issue,
    >> you might be able to do something better).
    > I took a look at this today and figured Id document it:
    > Bottom line: it looks like issues in the glibc malloc library, replacing
    > it with the google malloc library fixes the negative scaling:
    > # apt-get install libgoogle-perftools0
    > # LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/ /usr/sbin/mysqld

    Hi Anton, thanks for the report.
    glibc has certainly many scalability problems.

    One of the known problem is its (ab)use of mmap() to allocate one (yes : one
    !) page every time you fopen() a file. And then a munmap() at fclose() time.

    mmap()/munmap() should be avoided as hell in multithreaded programs.

      Last update: 2007-03-13 07:03    [W:0.021 / U:33.464 seconds]