SubjectRe: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> Ingo, do you really think I will send mails with faked benchmarks? :))

I don't think he ever implied that. He was only suggesting that when you
post benchmarks, and even more when you make claims based on benchmarks,
you need to be extra carefull about what you measure. Otherwise the
external view that you give to others does not look good.
Kevent can be really faster than epoll, but if you post broken benchmarks
(that can be, unrealiable HTTP loaders, broken server implemenations,
etc..) and make claims based on that, the only effect that you have is to
lose your point.

- Davide

  Last update: 2007-03-01 20:35    [W:0.220 / U:0.096 seconds]