SubjectRe: [stable] [patch 00/50] -stable review
Michael Krufky wrote:

>>> Actually, I have a few more -stable patches for both 2.6.18.y and 2.6.19.y, if
>>> you don't mind holding off a day or two (wont have time to prepare these until
>>> tomorrow evening)... One of them is a security fix, that allows a non-root user
>>> to hang the kernel given the correct circumstances.
>> Ok, that's serious enough :)
>>
>> I'll wait for your patches.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> greg k-h
>
> I've uploaded the remaining pending v4l/dvb -stable patches for both 2.6.18.y
> and 2.6.19.y to the following locations:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/stable/2.6.18.y/ (8 patches)
>
> and
>
> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/stable/2.6.19.y/ (5 patches)
>
> Using the mailer at my current location, I am unable to send patches inline, and
> I won't have the time for it this evening. In the interest of saving time, I
> figured that sending them to you in this method is good enough. If you still
> need for me to send them via email inline, please let me know.

Greg & Chris,

I haven't heard from either of you about these patches, nor have I seen any
update to the stable-queue.

Just for clarification, the security fix patch, that prevents a non-root user
from hanging the kernel is the patch entitled,

"V4L: buf_qbuf: fix videobuf_queue->stream corruption and lockup"

...as per Mauro's description, here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg113820.html

Regards,

Michael Krufky

  Last update: 2007-02-09 20:47    [W:0.731 / U:0.196 seconds]