    SubjectRe: [patch 1/3 take2] smaps: extract pte walker from smaps code
    On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, David Rientjes wrote:

    > Extracts the page table entry walker from the smaps-specific code in
    > fs/proc/task_mmu.c. This will be used later for clearing the reference
    > bits on pages to measure the number of pages accessed over a time period
    > through /proc/pid/smaps.

    Clearing reference bits? Ummm... That is a pretty inaccurate measure since
    reclaim can remove pages and revert the reference bits. It can never work

    > The new struct pte_walker includes the struct vm_area_struct of the memory
    > to walk over. Iteration begins at the start address and completes at the
    > the end address. A pointer to another data structure may be stored in the
    > private field such as the struct mem_size_stats, which acts as the smaps
    > accumulator. For each page table entry in the VMA, the func function is
    > called with the corresponding struct pte_walker, the pte_t, and its
    > address.

    Would it be possible to sync up with the people doing the page table

    Could we somehow consolidate smaps and numa_maps?

      Last update: 2007-02-07 09:33    [W:0.021 / U:0.884 seconds]