SubjectRE: Slower CPU frequency reported by the kernel
> > I'm using a PC with AMD 64 3000+ cpu which is theoricaly running at
> > 2Ghz. But when looking at /proc/cpuinfo, the kernel reports that it
> > runs only at 1Ghz:
> > What's going wrong ?
>
> Do you have feature called "Cool N' Quiet" enabled in BIOS?
> I had the same problem and disabling the feature the problem resolved.

Linux reports the frequency the processor is currently running at.
Cool N' Quiet is a feature that allows the processor to run at a
lower frequency and voltage when it is idle, thereby saving you
power and letting your fans run slower and quieter. Don't turn it
off.

-Mark Langsdorf
AMD, Inc.

  Last update: 2007-02-06 19:41    [W:0.828 / U:0.092 seconds]