    SubjectRe: [patch] MTD: fix DOC2000/2001/2001PLUS build error
    On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 11:04:31AM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > >There's no reason we shouldn't be able to do exactly that with config
    > >symbols in Kconfig-land. The only difference is that we've got
    > >slightly different semantics for our "depend" keyword. Things which
    > >don't have their "depend" requirements met aren't offered as options.
    > >Whereas "select" is "automatically pull in dependencies"
    > >apt/yum-style.
    > Perhaps this is because there is a lacking keyword. The depends controls
    > visibility, perhaps a "requires" could be used to provide advisory
    > information which mean "these other things will be turned on if you
    > build this feature."

    "require" is a bad name as it's a synonym of "depend".

    > >While we're at it, it would also be nice to be able to do:
    > >
    > >$ kconfig enable ACPI
    > >CONFIG_ACPI conflicts with CONFIG_APM
    > >$ kconfig enable -F ACPI
    > >disabling CONFIG_APM
    > >$ kconfig disable SCSI
    > >$ kconfig disable -f SCSI
    > >disabling USB_STORAGE
    > >$ make
    > >
    > I think depends and select provide this now, the postulated "requires"
    > might make building the trees easier.

    The above is all about having a scriptable command line interface so
    that people don't need the broken sed + make oldconfig thing.

      Last update: 2007-02-06 17:57    [W:0.021 / U:15.340 seconds]