    SubjectRe: Eeek! page_mapcount(page) went negative! (-1)
    On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 10:10:58PM -0800, David Liontooth wrote:

    > > Two things:
    > > a. Can you try a recent/current kernel to see if this happens?
    > > b. The "Tainted: GF" means that a module was forcibly loaded.
    > > What module was this? and is it compatible with a kernel?
    > > Can you reproduce this problem without having that module loaded?
    > >
    > Randy, thanks for responding. I discovered that the files the script was
    > operating on were corrupt, so let me see if it recurs with healthy files.
    > It's the lirc module that generates the GF flag --
    > lirc_serial: no version for "lirc_unregister_plugin" found: kernel
    > tainted.
    > So it's not actually forced. I'll remove it if this problem recurs.
    > I've tried 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 on this box, and they are moderately stable
    > if I use acpi_use_timer_override. It's a production machine, so I can't
    > experiment much.

    Which will make it awkward for my suggestion.. The box I was seeing
    this on turned out to have hardware problems. A run of memtest86 may
    show up something. Then again, maybe it won't. The failing box
    I had ran memtest86 for days without incident, despite that the
    capacitors on the motherboard were oozing out their goo.

      Last update: 2007-02-05 15:01    [W:0.020 / U:10.312 seconds]