SubjectRe: PCI riser cards and PCI irq routing, etc
Date
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 22:40, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:35:05PM +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> > Do you mean both slots on the riser card? No, they have to be rotated.
> >
> > Given the table from the manual:
> > > The IRQ (interrupt request line) are hardware lines over which devices
> > > can send interrupt signals to the microprocessor. The ??PCI & LAN?? IRQ
> > > pins are typically connected to the PCI bus INT A# ~ INT D# pins as
> > > follows: Order 1 Order 2 Order 3 Order 4
> > > PCI Slot 1 INT B# INT C# INT D# INT A#
> > > IEEE1394 INT B#
> >
> > (I assume Order 1 is device's INT A and so on)
> > the chipset-centric view is:
>
> Well someone said the VIA uses INTA for the DN19 on their riser card,
> although is that INTA from the CPUs point of view or INTA from the slot
> the riser card is plugged into? There was also mention of a BIOS update
> needed on some boards to even support the riser card at all. Maybe that
> applies.

It applies on the M10000, I'm sure the newer EN series boards have always
supported the feature.

One warning to you though, I found the riser to be pretty flaky, causing
bizarre lockups and periodic crashes of Linux. Maybe this is a Linux bug, but
it really didn't seem like it.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

Final year Computer Science undergraduate.