    SubjectRe: Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
    Hi Dmitry,

    > > > Input core already exports uniq to udev and also via sysfs.
    > >
    > > so do you think it would be better to create phys as a string of the
    > > source and destination address like "<src>-<dst>" for Bluetooth. And
    > > then keep the uniq empty like all USB devices without serial number do?
    > >
    > I'd keep uniq as is and do what you proposed with phys. This way you
    > can either use uniq to identify your device while moving it from one
    > receiver to another (if you have several) or do exact match on phys to
    > get receiver/device pair.
    > Does this make sense?

    actually it doesn't help to keep uniq around since the Bluetooth HID
    always reconnects to the same source/host address. Making it reconnect
    results in a virtual cable unplug. So I think that I am going to modify
    the phys to include source and destination address. In the end it is
    only a string.

      Last update: 2007-02-21 23:55    [W:0.020 / U:1.244 seconds]