SubjectRe: libsata doesn't like bus without master
On 2/21/07, Vincent Legoll <vincent.legoll@gmail.com> wrote:
> Argh I think I screwed the mail threading, I was refering to:
>
> http://ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0702.1/1060.html
>
> From: Patrick Ale
> Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 05:28:21 EST
>
> Sorry

Yea, I know.. I mail too much.. too much time at hands and all ;-)

But serious, The second "abnormal" error "ATA: abnormal status 0x8 on
port 0xF88597DF", I got feedback from, by Tejun. He confirmed that, as
I thought, this was a cosmectic error messages for "No devices found".

The first one got some debate as if it was legal to have a slave
without a master and all and the last thing I saw written on this
email that we (that is, the linux developers and the maintainers, I
dont code anything other than 'Hello world' and even that might
segfault) should support it and if we dont yet, fix it.

Question for you tho, since I have two laptops with the same chipset
and more ore less same configuration (Siemens LifeBook E series with
the same DVD writer and an HP laptop), do you use native SATA mode? or
Legacy/Compatible mode?

In the latter case it might explain why you see one master connected
to one bus and a slave to the other. If you use legacy SATA mode you
should just see drive 0 and drive 1.

At least, that's how it works here :)

Patrick

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans