    SubjectRe: libsata doesn't like bus without master
    On 2/21/07, Vincent Legoll <vincent.legoll@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Argh I think I screwed the mail threading, I was refering to:
    >
    > http://ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0702.1/1060.html
    >
    > From: Patrick Ale
    > Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 05:28:21 EST
    >
    > Sorry

    Yea, I know.. I mail too much.. too much time at hands and all ;-)

    But serious, The second "abnormal" error "ATA: abnormal status 0x8 on
    port 0xF88597DF", I got feedback from, by Tejun. He confirmed that, as
    I thought, this was a cosmectic error messages for "No devices found".

    The first one got some debate as if it was legal to have a slave
    without a master and all and the last thing I saw written on this
    email that we (that is, the linux developers and the maintainers, I
    dont code anything other than 'Hello world' and even that might
    segfault) should support it and if we dont yet, fix it.

    Question for you tho, since I have two laptops with the same chipset
    and more ore less same configuration (Siemens LifeBook E series with
    the same DVD writer and an HP laptop), do you use native SATA mode? or
    Legacy/Compatible mode?

    In the latter case it might explain why you see one master connected
    to one bus and a slave to the other. If you use legacy SATA mode you
    should just see drive 0 and drive 1.

    At least, that's how it works here :)

    Patrick

      Last update: 2007-02-21 22:05    [W:0.023 / U:59.632 seconds]