    SubjectRe: PCI riser cards and PCI irq routing, etc
    Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
    > Udo van den Heuvel <> writes:
    >> So if my non-VIA riser card can use DN 19 and also INT_A things should work?
    > That INT_A may be INT_A from their (motherboard) point of view, but
    > the riser card doesn't know about that, it only knows INTs as seen
    > at its PCI edge connector (so this INT_A here is meaningless).
    > Device numbers aren't rotated but rather derived from address lines
    > (address/data). AD0-31 lines are the same across the whole PCI bus.
    > That means device numbers are independent of POV.
    >> (assuming that VIA Epia EN BIOS 1.07 is enough to use this card)
    > My VIA EPIA-M 600 is probably older than your one, so I'd assume
    > it should work as well.
    > When you configure 0x13 and 0x14, both devices get IRQs - that means
    > the BIOS can see both of them.

    But the IRQ for the DVB-T card doesn't work.
    I would need to test the DVB-T card alone to be sure it has working IRQ.
    If so, what would be the conclusion?

    >> The DN is the only variable so INT lines are hardwired on the riser card?
    > Yep. You just need a bit of soldering.

    What IRQ rerouting would I need to try? 1 of 3 choices?
    Or one best bet?

      Last update: 2007-02-21 16:03    [W:0.034 / U:6.024 seconds]