SubjectRe: PCI riser cards and PCI irq routing, etc
Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xs4all.nl> writes:

> saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem f896a000 (revision 1, irq 145) (0x153b,0x1157).
> saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem f89e6000 (revision 1, irq 153) (0x153b,0x1155).

IO-APICs can do such things...

Ok, I have experimented a bit with my old unused EPIA-M 600 MHz MB.

INT A, B, C, D - as seen at the MB PCI connector (using PCI-PCI
bridge or 4-function device).

Device# IDSEL INT (first)
0x08 A19 n/a
0x09 A20 n/a
0x0A A21 INT C
0x0B A22 n/a
0x0C A23 n/a
0x0D A24 IEEE1394 chip (INT A)
0x0E A25 n/a
0x0F A26 n/a
0x10 A27 USB (INT D, A, B, C)
0x11 A28 VT823x (11.5 uses INT B so it means INT A, B, C, D)
0x12 A29 onboard Ethernet (INT D)
0x13 A30 INT D
0x14 A31 INT A (the MB PCI slot is wired this way)

That's from BIOS summary screen, I haven't bothered to run Linux
and check IO-APIC stuff (there may be more than 1 set of 4 INTs).

I haven't tested devices 1-7, you can't probably use them anyway.

It means that (assuming your MB can use the same riser card as this
one), you need the following mapping on the riser:
- first slot, device 0x14 (=20), INT lines 1:1
(the same INT and IDSEL wiring as at the motherboard PCI slot)
- second slot, device 0x13 (=19),
INT lines rotated (device) ABCD -> DABC (MB) (i.e., line INT A as
seen at the MB PCI slot becomes INT B at the device on the riser card
and INT A as seen at the riser slot becomes INT D at the motherboard).

Chances are that you could probably use device 0x0A (=10) as well,
but it would require another INT rotation (= double rotation).

I bet your riser card have the following mapping:
device X INTs 1:1
device X+1 INTs (device X+1) ABCD -> BCDA (MB = device X) (INT A
at the device slot becomes INT B at the MB connector and so on).

That means (unless INT rotations are configurable) you have to make
some (quite simple, in fact) modifications to the riser card :-(
--
Krzysztof Halasa