SubjectRe: Linus' laptop and Num lock status
Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> writes:
>

>>> I checked, and looking at offset 0x497 seems to work fine on a couple of
>>> systems with USB keyboards.
>>>
>> Probably just because legacy mode was enabled. Plus I wonder what 0x497 will
>> return when there is actually more than one USB keyboard connected at boot.
>>

> I bet all would share LED states. If you can use multiple keyboards
> in legacy mode at all, of course.

I have used multiple keyboards, for a 2-user machine.

The bios interact with only one of the keyboards, and track LED state on
that.
Other keyboard(s) become useful once the linux comes up with
its event interface. You then have one set of LEDS per keyboard.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2007-02-20 15:03    [W:0.050 / U:0.424 seconds]