    SubjectRe: System crash after "No irq handler for vector" linux 2.6.19
    Date
    "Luigi Genoni" <luigi.genoni@pirelli.com> writes:

    > I tested the patch, but I could not really stress the HW.
    > anyway no crash, but load average is somehow abnormal, higher than it should
    > be.

    Thanks. Did you get any nasty messages about "No irq handler for vector?"
    If not then you never even hit the problem condition.

    Given how rare the trigger condition is it would probably take force
    irq migration to even trigger the "No irq handler for vector message".

    That patch I'm not really worried about, I've tested it and it meets
    the obviously correct condition :) But it should enable people to
    not be afraid of IRQ migration.

    I'm slowly working my way towards a real fix. I know what I have to code,
    now I just have to figure out how. :)

    Eric

      Last update: 2007-02-02 19:05    [W:2.307 / U:0.008 seconds]